Join a team passionate for quality education expressed in a Christian framework, within a strong and supportive community setting.
Donvale Christian College employs teachers, administrators and support staff who are committed to our vision and mission, and subscribe to the Principles and Values of Donvale Christian College.
We are a Child Safe employer, with a zero tolerance for child abuse, and VIT registration or a valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for all staff.
See below for all current employment opportunities or contact us at [email protected]
If you'd like more information regarding your privacy, click to download our Information Collection Notice: Job Applicants
Please note that the College does not accept unsolicited agency approaches, we expect candidates to apply directly.
Applications are now open for a Secondary Teacher (0.60 FTE to full-time)
We are looking for a Secondary Teacher to teach Years 7 – 10 English, with some humanities. This is a maternity leave position commencing mid – August 2021 until end of 2021, possibly end of Term 1, 2022.
Our Secondary Teachers are responsible for the implementation of learning programs that reflects the mission of the College and are appropriate to the needs of the students. The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- A deep understanding of current teaching and learning practices in the subject area at secondary level
- Plan and deliver teaching of Biblical perspectives integrated into each subject area
- Sustain an environment of Christian care and support based on Biblical principles taking daily devotions
- Ensure that the classroom is a place where all class members are respected and where students feel safe
And must have these qualifications and abilities:
- Tertiary qualification in Education
- Registration as a qualified educator (VIT)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Highly developed Information Communication and Technology skills
Applications will be received as advertised until Friday, 28 May 2021. Applications should be marked 'Secondary Teacher' and sent via email to [email protected].